7 Reasons to Add a Fireplace to Your Home
1) Fireplaces add value and desirability to a home. According to the National Center for Real Estate Research, fireplaces can increase the value of the average home by 6-12 percent!
2) Gas fireplaces can reduce your yearly heating costs. Often referred to as “zone heating,” the concept is simple. After turning down the temperature on your home’s central thermostat, you can heat the areas of the home where the most time is spent (often the family or living room) with their gas fireplace. This keeps those rooms warm and comfortable and reduces the amount of money spent heating rooms that aren't in use. Gas fireplaces can also help you save on heating costs by proving warmth during unpredictable or “in-between” weather when it’s not cold enough for the central heat, but you still need some warmth.
3) New gas fireplaces won’t waste gas or electricity. When equipped with an Intellifire ignition system, a gas fireplace will provide an ignition flame only when needed and has a battery backup system that supplies power to spark the ignition flame in the event of a power outage. This means even more energy and cost savings.
4) Gas fireplaces are easy to enjoy. Bedroom, living room, bathroom or bar–it doesn’t matter! There are gas fireplaces of all shapes and sizes that can quickly be installed in almost any room. Once installed, there is no need to deal with dirty firewood or smoke and byproducts every time you want to enjoy a soothing fire. Just flip the switch (or tap your remote) and let the relaxation begin!
5) Fire provides an inherent calming effect. Since the beginning of time, humans have been drawn to fire. Bring the soul-soothing impact of a fire safely into your home with a gas fireplace and experience the benefits of deep relaxation.
6) One investment can transform your home. By adding a fireplace to your home, you can create a whole new living experience. There are even see-through designs that allow you to impact two rooms at once.
7) It’s not as expensive as you might think. Remodeling a room by adding a gas fireplace can cost as little as $6,000 installed, resulting in a dramatic transformation to be enjoyed for years to come.
Adding a fireplace truly makes your house a home, for so many reasons. Your new gas fireplace is just a few clicks away. Check out all the options here.