A little - or a lot - of snow won't stop you from enjoying the winter months
With the recent spate of unseasonably wintry weather that’s overtaken parts of the U.S. this week, we’ve been thinking of ways to enjoy your time indoors the next few months – after all, it’s a great excuse to spend some time fireside (as if you needed one!). Here are a few of our favorites:
- Read a Book (or Two): Chilly weather makes winter the perfect time to catch up on all that reading you’ve been meaning to do but didn’t get to during the summer and fall. Check your Goodreads list, curl up fireside and tackle the pile that’s been stacked on your nightstand.
- Binge on Netflix: Grab a blanket, pop some popcorn, and snuggle in for a quiet evening watching the latest blockbuster or catching up on your favorite series. (Unless it’s Breaking Bad – in which case, you’ll want to grab some snacks, too, because you might not be able to tear yourself away from the screen until you’ve viewed the series in its entirety.)
- Order in: When it’s cold out, it can be tough to muster up the motivation to prepare dinner – especially if you’re already comfortably situated near the hearth. Indulge with a glass of wine (or whiskey – your choice) and takeout – or put that Crock-Pot to use and whip up a slow cooker feast that requires minimal effort.
- Update Your Music Library: During a normal week, there’s never time to work on your playlists – but with winter’s chill setting in early, you’ll be ready to devote the proper attention to ensuring you’re caught up on the latest albums from your favorite artists. (You may even be inspired to create a fireside list!)
- Schedule Game Night: There’s nothing better than a good old-fashioned game night. Invite a few friends over for classic board games, play new favorites like Cards Against Humanity, or throw up a few folding tables for an intense card tournament.
Our take? Don’t let the snow and cold get you down – there are so many great ways to enjoy the winter weather, even when you’re stuck inside. Firing up the fireplace is just the beginning!